The stream engine season has started at the Euskotren Basque Railway Museum and the locomotives will run every weekend until early November.
The steam engines will depart from the Museum (Azpeitia) to Lasao at the following times:
• Saturdays: 12.00 noon and 5.30 p.m.
• Sundays: 12.00 noon
The Basque Railway Museum boasts one of the best railway collections in Europe featuring a whole range of vehicles: electric, diesel and steam locomotives, railcars and different types of wagons.
It also has one of the Basque Country’s most comprehensive sets of machine tools from the former Urola railway repair shop. There is also a display of railway uniforms from the end of the 19th century and one of the best railway clock collections in the world.
Information for the general public
• Address of the Basque Railway Museum: calle Julián Elorza, 8 (20730 AZPEITIA-GIPUZKOA).
• Information Hotline: 943 15 06 77
• Fax: 943 15 07 46
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Website: www.euskotren.eus