Next Saturday, 5 October, the Basque Railway Museum, managed by Euskotren, a Basque Government publicly-run company, will celebrate its 25th anniversary at its Azpeitia premises (Gipuzkoa).
The Euskotren Basque Railway Museum has organised the following activities, including 7 classic train journeys (*), to celebrate its first 25 years:
• Award-ceremony for the “25th Anniversary of the Basque Railway Museum” children’s painting competition.
• Performance by the EGAPE dance group.
11:00 Steam Train Journey (Euzkadi locomotive, built in 1920)
12:00 Steam Train Journey (Zugastieta locomotive, built in 1888)
13:00 Steam Train Journey (Portugal, built in 1913, and Euzkadi locomotives)
Euskal Sagardoa cider tasting
14:00 Railway Putxera (bean stew) tasting
14:30 Journey in locomotive convoy
16:30 Diesel Train Journey (Alsthom locomotive, built in 1965)
17:30 Steam Train Journey (Aurrera, built in 1898)
18:30 Steam Train Journey (Euzkadi locomotive)
(*) Journey route: Azpeitia Museum – Lasao – Azpeitia Museum.
This coming weekend, another steam train will be running, leaving the Azpeitia Museum at 12.30 p.m. on Sunday 6 October.
Information for the general public
• Address of the Basque Railway Museum: calle Julián Elorza, 8 (20730 AZPEITIA-GIPUZKOA).
• Information Hotline: 943 15 06 77
• Fax: 943 15 07 46
• Email: email@example.com
• Website: www.euskotren.eus